May 12-15, 2020 Hosted by Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park
NextGEM 2020- Call for Papers
Are you and your team making advances in elephant welfare? Then come be a part of this exciting workshop and share your program successes with others in the elephant community. We are now accepting abstract submissions for the 2020 NextGEM workshop hosted by ZooTampa. There are limited spaces available, so send your submissions early!
Abstract submissions should be related to the following session topics:
* Developing a Successful Positive Reinforcement Training Program
* Implementing Choice and Control in Elephant Behavior Management
* Latest in Elephant Cognition Research
* Strategies and Techniques for Improved Social Management of Elephants
* Legislation, Regulation and Accreditation Issues
* Public Perceptions of Elephants in Zoos, Sanctuaries, and "the Wild"
* Transitioning an Elephant Program / Phasing-out Bullhooks
* Other Advances in Elephant Welfare and Management
Instructions and deadlines for submissions
We ask that all presenters be available for panel discussions and help contribute to the open forum conversations.
1. Submit abstracts (max 250 words) in pdf format to email@example.com
2. Final date for submissions is March 13th
3. Presenters will be notified by March 30th whether their submissions have been accepted
4. Presentations should be around 15 minutes in length (Panel discussions will take place at the end of each session with the presenters in that section)
5. Additional information on final deadlines and updates will follow for those whose submissions are accepted
For NextGEM Updates...
Questions? Please email Chris Massaro, General Curator, Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park